Sunday, June 8, 2008

Orientation

Journey of Hope 2008 has finally started. After arriving in Seattle after about 5 hours of flight, I met our crew and went to the airport. I have only known most of the team for about 24 hours now, but I know it's going to be a great summer.

Yesterday we went to the University of Washington's Pi Kapp house and had a team meeting where we went over the rules and procedures. Most of the this was review for me, but we have to do it so we can get to the fun stuff. The Pi Kapps fed us, and the meal was delicious. There's nothing quite like fresh salmon and clam chowder in rainy Seattle. I can definitely see why this is the most depressed city in the U.S. We have only seen the sun once, but our spirits are extremely high.

Today we woke up early and did a skills assesment in the parking lot of the space needle. We also went to a lookout point to get a team picture. It wasn't a very exciting morning, but tonight it our first friendship visit.

Of course, friendship visits are what Journey of Hope is all about, and I'm excited to spend some time with the people we are serving. I'm also looking forward to giving away some of the money we all raised :)

-Nathan

No comments: