Friday, July 4, 2008

Day 22: Wheatland to Cheyenne

The team woke up at 4:13 today since one of our guys was late for curfew the other day. It's a team accountability thing, but it was the worst. On top of that the cycling was terrible today because of a very strong head wind. We had a sponsored lunch by the cattlewomen (the best sponsored meals), so we had to be in Cheyenne by 12:00.

However, with a pace of 8-10 miles per hour, we did not make it so we racked the last twenty miles into town. Everyone was rather thankful in reality considering yesterday’s long ride and the early wake up.

The lunch form the women of cattle was great. We went out to a historic ranch and ate out there. I really enjoyed myself, and the food. We then went back to lodging, and I took a much needed nap.

For dinner we had a friendship visit at Lion’s park with the local arc. I met a guy from St. Louis with down syndrome and I had fun talking to him about the cardinals. I also got to interact with some of the parents who were there, and it was good to know that pretty much everyone there had a great support system. We also handed out a grant for the ARC to buy a new PA system. Once again, thanks to all of my sponsors for making that possible.

After dinner we headed back to lodging. I’m there right now, and I’m ready for bed. Tomorrow we’re going to Ft. Collins, and I’m ready to see some fireworks.

No comments: