Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 37: Witchita to Topeka

Today we left our cozy beds for Topeka. I was really well rested, and the ride was great. Frankly it was rather uneventful. We did and arrival at the Topeka ARC. There was media there, and we were on the news tonight.

We had to drive over to the local YMCA for showers. It wasn’t the most convienent thing ever, but we did what we had to do to get clean. When we got back there was a “block party” being put on by the ARC, aand we hung out there for a little bit. I met a guy named nate who was really excited to ride his mountain bike. I’m not sure what his disability was, but I think it was Autism.

After that I took a nap until dinner. We had dinner at the ARC, and then we jumped into the vans and went to a football game. It was the American Profesional Football League. Essentially it’s a minor league Arena Football league. Our team did the coin toss, and we stuck around for the first half of the game. It was entertaining, but it wasn’t edge of your seat fun so we didn’t stick around for the full game. By coincidence, the kid I had met earlier, Nate, was there, so we hung out with him a little bit, and he was really excited to see the team again. That was pretty cool. Tomorrow we head for Olathe, and I’m really excited.

No comments: